Page Transitions – Part Two
When you go and see a movie, you can see how directors can create different effects as they move from scene to scene. They cut, fade, blend, etcetera. You can do something similar with your Web page, you can create page transitions that allow you, basically, to create a blend, or a wipe left, or a circle in as your visitor enters or exits a page.
Give this a try.
- Choose Format, Page Transition.
- In the Page Transitions dialog box, you’ll need to adjust a few settings. First, fill in the duration of the event, that is, the number of seconds that you want your page transition to last. Don’t get carried away here, after all, page transitions are cool, but they aren’t THAT cool.
- Second, you’ll want to choose the type of transition effect. Pick from the list, and remember that you can always change it if you don’t like the effect.
- Finally, choose when you want the event to happen, either at Page Enter, Page Exit, Site Enter, or Site Exit.
- When you’re done, click OK to finish the job.
Page Transition Event Descriptions:
- Page Enter – Means that the page transition will happen when the visitor comes to that page.
- Page Exit – Means that the transition will happen when the visitor leaves that page.
- Site Enter – Means that the transition will happen only when the visitor enters the whole, entire Web site through that page. Under normal circumstances, this is the transition you’ll want to use on your home page, since that’s the page visitors generally see first when they visit your site.
- Site Exit – Means that the transition will happen when the visitor leaves your site completely and goes to another Web site altogether.
Okay, you’ve set up a page transition on your site, and you’re trying to view it in Preview mode, but you just can’t get the thing to work. What’s wrong? Probably nothing, but here are a few things to keep in mind:
- First, you have to get the page in question to appear while you’re in Preview mode. You can’t just switch over to Preview mode to see the transition in action. Instead, you have to go there while you’re already previewing.
- How do you do this? Hyperlink to the page to see the transition work. Don’t have a hyperlink to that page? Create one, just to be sure that you like the transition.
- Next, you may have to actually publish your page to be able to see the page transition if you’ve set it to appear when you’re leaving or entering the site. There’s no way to do that in Preview mode.
Sick of page transitions?
If you want to get rid of the transitions on your page, just choose the page in question, then select Format, Page Transition. In the list of transition effects, choose No Effect. Finally, click OK. The transition is now cleared from your site.