There are differences between the versions of Tweak UI, beyond that of the differences between Tweak UI for Windows 95 and Windows 98. It wasn’t until we decided to do our own research as to the differences between Tweak UI versions, that we discovered that Tweak UI 1.1 will work on Windows NT, while the later Windows 95 version will not, and in fact may do some damage. Of course our standard disclaimer applies here, in the Microsoft doesn’t support any of the power tools, nor do we. You are downloading and using them at your own risk!
The following is courtesy of the Microsoft Corporation (All rights reserved)
The MicrosoftÂ® WindowsÂ® Shell Development Team has put together a set of productivity tools called PowerToys. If you’re a Windows power-user, go ahead and try them out, but realize these are unsupported tools. Microsoft Technical Support is unable to answer questions about PowerToys.
Read Me First
With the Tweak UI 1.1 update, you can adjust your Windows User Interface, including menu speed, window animation, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
NOTE: This download is not intended for use on computers running MicrosoftÂ® WindowsÂ® 98.
Windows NT or Windows 95.
How to Download
- Create a folder by right-clicking on the desktop, click New, and then click Folder. Type a name for the folder.
- Click the Download Now button at the top or bottom of this page. In the File download dialog box that appears on your screen, click Save Program to Disk.
- In the Save As dialog box, choose to save the file in the folder you just created, then click Save.
- Open the folder and double-click the downloaded file. This may create several new files in your folder. Among these, look for “Read Me” or “INF” files.
- The “Read Me” file will contain any additional download information you need to know. To install the file, right click the .INF file and click Install.
How to Get Started
You don’t need to do anything after downloading.
Download Tweak UI version 1.1