Windows 2000 Compatibility With Third Party Applications
One of the better enhancements added to Windows 2000 by Microsoft, was the capability of easily adding additional application support after the product shipped. In February 2001, Microsoft released its fifth application support update, and it includes software compatibility updates for Windows 2000 through the release date.
This update is collective, in that this package includes compatibility updates released as part of the October 2000, August 2000, May 2000, and February 2000 packages. By downloading and installing this update, you will ensure compatibility with the applications listed*.
Prior to the release of Windows 2000, Microsoft had focused on thorough compatibility testing on the top volume business applications in an effort to enable thousands of applications to run out-of-the-box. That testing having been completed, Microsoft broadened the original focus to address compatibility issues with a few of the more popular home, entertainment and gaming applications.
Note: You must be an administrator to install this update on your computer.
*You will find a complete listing of the software that has been added to this compatibility package Here
How to download and install
- Click the Download Now button below.
- When the File Download dialog box appears, select Save this program to disk.
- Choose a location on your computer to download the files and click Save.
- Go to the location where you saved the files and double-click AppUpd.exe to install the Application Compatibility Update.
How to use
Just restart your computer to complete the installation.
How to uninstall
- Click Start, point to Settings and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Select Windows 2000 Application Compatibility Update and click Change/Remove to uninstall.
Download From Microsoft’s Secure Server
Download From Our Secure Server
Last updated on February 25, 2001