Removing the Content Advisor Password in Internet Explorer
- Open REGEDIT. Click Start, Run and type in regedit and click OK.
- Navigate to this Regsitry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Ratings\
- In the right window pane of the registry editor, there should be a key value shown for a password. Click once to select it and then right click and select delete. When asked if you want to delete, click Yes.
- If there was not a value but was instead a sub-key “.default” move to this folder and delete the default key value.
- Restart IE and you should be able to set the password with Internet Options – Content.