A question that has plagued mankind for centuries – how early should you start packing for your move? Some people say as soon as you know you’re moving, others say wait until the last minute. But who’s right?
The answer may surprise you.
All jokes aside, there’s nothing surprising about this answer. When it comes to packing for your move, there is no definitive answer. It all depends on… Well, let’s not give it away just yet.
What Are Some Things To Consider?
The most important thing to consider is the amount of stuff you have to pack. If you have a lot of stuff, it will obviously take longer to pack than if you have a little bit of stuff. Therefore, the more stuff you have, the earlier you should start packing.
Another thing to consider is how well organized you are. If you’re the type of person who likes to plan everything out in advance and knows exactly where everything is, you can probably get away with starting to get your things together closer to the moving date.
On the other hand, if you tend to be a bit more disorganized, it’s probably better to start sooner so that you don’t end up scrambling at the last minute.
Also, keep in mind how far away is the moving day. If you have plenty of time before your move, then you can take your time. You can start a little bit at a time and gradually get everything packed up. However, if you are tight on time, then you need to start as soon as possible.
The sooner you start, the more likely you are to be able to get everything done on time.
So, How Early Should You Actually Start?
So, when it comes to answering the question of how early should you start – it really depends on your individual situation and the considerations listed above.
But, as a general rule of thumb, you should probably start at least a few weeks in advance, if not sooner. That way, you can take your time and make sure that everything is packed properly.
Should You Give Your Buddies A Call?
Another question you might have is – should you enlist the help of your friends when packing for your move?
And, once again, there is no definitive answer. If you have friends who are willing to help and you feel like you could use the extra pair of hands, then by all means, give them a call.
However, if you don’t have friends who are available or you would rather just do it yourself, that’s perfectly fine too.
Whatever works for you!
Should You Call For Professional Help?
This is entirely up to you. For example, we’re super lazy, so if you were to ask us – there’s nothing easy about moving and packing – no matter what the Easy Peasy Removals claim. So, we’d definitely call for professional help.
However, lazy like you are or not, one thing’s for certain – these guys will do a better job than you or we ever could. They’ve moved so many people to so many different places, it’s like second nature to them.
Also, they know how to handle your stuff. You won’t have to worry about them breaking anything. They’re professionals, after all.
Not to mention, if you have some large items like pianos that you need to bring with you, these guys have the tools for the job. They most certainly won’t carry a piano down the stairs – they’ll get one of those big cranes to lower it down properly.
So, if you’re feeling overwhelmed by the thought of packing everything up yourself – don’t hesitate to give a pro a call. They would be more than happy to help you out!
Tips To Pack In A Hurry
Alright, alright, we hear you – enough with the talking, let’s get to the packing!
If you’re short on time and need to get your things together quickly, here are a few tips that might help:
• Get your essentials in order. Start by getting your hands on boxes, tape, and markers. Once you have these things, you can start packing up the essentials that you’ll need for the first few days after your move
• Start by packing the things that you don’t use on a daily basis. This includes items such as seasonal clothing, books, decor, and so on.
• Pack one room at a time and don’t mix your stuff. There’s no need for your microwave to go in the same box as your duvets and pillows, isn’t there?
• Use smaller boxes for heavier items and larger boxes for lighter items. This will make it easier for you to carry the boxes and will prevent them from tipping over.
• Wrap breakables in clothing or towels to prevent them from breaking. This is the only time you’re allowed to mix and match.
• Label everything! This might seem like a lot of tedious work, but it really isn’t. Just get a marker and write on the boxes. It will save you a ton of time in the not-so-distant future. You’ll unpack quicker, you’ll know where everything goes, and you’ll
• Don’t forget to pack an essentials bag with things such as toiletries, medications, and a change of clothes. This will come in handy on the first few days after your move.
Hopefully, these tips will help you get packed up and moved into your new home in no time!
Phew, that was a lot of information! But hopefully, now you have a better idea of how to answer the question – how early should you start packing for your move?
Remember, there is no definitive answer. It all depends on your individual situation. Just make sure to take into consideration the amount of stuff you have to pack, how well organized you are, and how much time you have before the big day.
If you’re still not sure, err on the side of caution and start sooner rather than later. That way, you can take your time and make sure that everything’s done by the time moving day comes a-knocking.