File Listing Utility by
Have you ever had the need to create a listing of everything file on a hard drive, but running hundreds of “print Directories” just doesn’t make it? Well this little utility makes this task easy to say the least.
Program Name: MaxLister
Latest Version: 2.4
Last Updated: 11/15/2000
Download: MaxLister (From writers site)
Download from our site: MaxLister
Download Size: 304 Kb
MaxLister allows you to create virtual images of hard drives, floppy disks, CD-ROMs or other removable media. This is useful if you want to keep track of a vast CD collection, a problem now that CD-recorders are becoming increasingly popular. With MaxLister, you can save the drive listing to a .MXL-file, a database file, and later browse, search, or import new folders/filenames from another MXL-file. You can also batch search through a multiple number of MXL-files so that you don’t have to load every single file and then repeatedly search through them looking for a particular filename. The MXL file contains file sizes, and a comment so that you can personalize your information about the drive. If you don’t want to create a viewable database, you can choose to store your drive information in a plain text file, which is easy to view and share with people who don not have MaxLister. The plain text formats are separated in 3 different layouts: ‘Collapsed’, ‘Folders only’ and ‘Folders and Filenames’.
- Implemented ‘relative dir’ to text files
- Major layout improvements, among these the left folder treeview pane. It’s anticipated!
- Able to list directories as well as drives.
- Default directory to store MXL files (can be overridden!)
- Easier and more flexible batch file searching
- Browse MXL files on disk a lot easier.
- “Full screen” mode when viewing MXL files
- Bug fixes en masse!
- Major bug fix and minor improvements: fixed the “import” error that caused the program to freeze when you tried to import a MXL file to another.
- Fixed nasty bug concerning directory C:\Temp.
- Added import function to MXL file so that you can add file entries from another file if you happened to store them separately.
- Additional bug fixes and small improvements.
- Added sorting to columns filename/size/path/archive.
- Search now includes folders.
- Optimized load/search engine, about 10x faster!
- Register file format and open from Windows Explorer.
- New ‘search’ tab to search through multiple files without having to open them first.
- Bug Fixes
- Add file size to your MXL files.
- Flip through the tabs to easily reach other controls (‘Save’ tab is active)
- File information. Choose a drive to list from and the output file – that is, where the drive’s information is being stored.
- Method group. Choose between the three different file types: ‘Collapsed’ (plain text), ‘Folders only’ (plain text), ‘Folders and Filenames’ (plain text) and finally the ‘.MXL File’ that is used as a database for viewing/searching drives.
- The file you loaded from.
- The toolbar. Button functions (from left to right): UpDir, ViewStyle1, ViewStyle2, ViewStyle3, Import, Search, Directory Listing.
- The list is normally viewed divided in 4 columns: :Filename displays the file’s original name.
- Same, but with file size shown.
- The full path to the file/folder. Only applies to search mode.
- Name of the MXL file. Only applies to batch search mode.
- Search string, case insensitive
- Contains the file to search from. Choose ‘All Files’ to batch search through a number of files.
- The progress bars. Updates the progress of the particular file (above) and the total progress, if batch searching (below).
This a copyrighted product of Â©2000 Max BylesjÃ¶. All Rights Reserved.
This page updated: 4/04/2001