Adding an Application to the Right Click Context Menu
You can easily add any application to the Right Click Context Menu. This will allow you to access the feature without having to go to the Start Menu. When you right click on a folder you can have access to that application, the same as using “Send To”.
- Open RegEdit.
- Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell
- Add a new Key to the “Shell” Key and give it a name.
- Now give it a default value that will appear when you right click a folder. As an example, using an “&” (ampersand) without the quotes, in front of any character and it will allow you to use the keyboard.
- Click on the Key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\NewKey
- Add a New Key named Command.
- Set the (Default) value of the application you want to run. (See example below)
- For example: c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe (Include the full path and parameters if you need them).
Example: This is for Explorer.exe
Your Key Entry would be:
You Value Entry would be: