Even though the CBD industry has been blooming for a decade, there are still unresearched perks regarding the cannabis plant which may promise lots of therapeutic purposes for people’s health. Researchers relatively know about CBD, THC, while CBG is still far from boosting its popularity. This review will cover the difference between CBG vs CBD, so you can make up your mind about what to choose & who to trust when it comes to your purchases.
Table of Contents
CBG Oil vs CBD Oil – What to Use For Your Particular Case?
Let’s first start with CBG. It stands for Cannabigerol, or simply one of 120 compounds found in the hemp plant. It was first isolated in 1964 but until now it lacks more research on its benefits. Still, many cannabis specialists believe it holds considerable therapeutic potential. There are such beliefs that CBG can act as an anticancer, antidepressant, and antibacterial tool that can come in handy for loads of different people & age groups.
Similar to the CBD mechanism. CBG is believed to directly interact with our CB1 and CB2 endocannabinoid system receptors. By affecting them, CBG can affect multiple health conditions. One study conducted on mice suggested that CBG may occasionally help with inflammatory bowel disease. While the study conducted in 2014 found that this compound positively affected the discontinuing growth rates of cancer cells and tumors among the involved rats.
What about manufacturing such CBG products? In simple terms, it is very hard to produce huge quantities of this compound. Even after, the result will be linked to small amounts of isolate. Compared to CBD, CBG will be extracted in less than 1% from the hemp plant, while CBD 20%. Therefore, it is also not a profitable idea for companies that work with CBD products.
Important Things About CBD
What is there to know about CBD, and what is the difference? CBD is a more famous compound found in high concentrations with hemp plants. It was first isolated in 1930. Until now, it is clearly understood that CBD can carry anti-anxiety, analgesic, anti-inflammatory properties, and help children with epilepsy. In more recent years, researchers also found that CBD with higher amounts of THC in the composition reserves the promise for paranoia, anxiety, and impaired cognitive function treatments. As for the mechanism, it affects the endocannabinoid system, and CB1 and CB2 particularly.
The Main Differences of CBG vs CBD
Below, you can learn the main differences between CBG vs CBD. Yet, please do not prescribe yourself one of them without speaking to your healthcare provider. It does not fit every particular case since it is not a ”one size fits all” when it comes to its measurements or effects. In addition to this, you can visit sites such as Unabis for more information & detailed list & info on everything.
- Molecular composition. CBG vs CBD have completely different molecular structures including the arrangement of hydrogen, oxygen, carbon atoms that construct a cannabinoid itself. Then, such a difference means that they differently affect our endocannabinoid system receptors, and are responsible for different therapeutic effects. It means that both CBG oil vs CBD oil may affect your anxiety but they both do not stand for a complete cure;
- Pharmacology. As for the effects, it is understood but they also activate our receptors in a different way. For instance, CBD is known to exert anti-nausea properties because of its affinity to the 5-HT1A activator. CBG, in turn, acts as a 5-HT1A blocker. In simple terms, one may activate the receptor and provide some relief, while another one may block the action but activate other receptors reactions;
- Stimulation of appetite. Another difference between CBG vs CBD is their impact on our appetite. One study conducted on rats showed that CBG managed to stimulate rats to eat more;
- Prices. Because of promising potential, and such rumors that CBG can really help one with many health conditions, such compounds can cost you more. Yes, when overlooking the assortment of CBD oils, tinctures, gummies, they may cost one $20-$100, while CBG products usually start from $50 and more;
- Availability. Last but not least of a difference among them is the availability of products. CBD oils are more common with dispensaries, and you won’t experience difficulties in finding different quantities, and flavors. CBG, in turn, is kind of limited in terms of assortment. So, finding the store may take you some time, as well as ups & downs, which is why a lot of people stick to online shopping as their preference.
Now, you might think & ask yourself about what is the best solution for your particular case & use – CBG oil vs CBD oil? Frankly speaking, it is hard to hint at one solution because, as was said above, they have different purposes and effects. Even though a lot more research is required, and studies particularly conducted on humans rather than rats, CBG has a more promising profile. You can speak to your doctor, or find specialists in cannabis products who may guide you with your selection.
Top 6 Facts To Know About CBG & CBD
- CBG is technically a minor cannabinoid that is available in relatively low quantities from most strains of cannabis + with most bigger companies/sellers.
- CBG can also be used for its antifungal & antibacterial properties.
- CBG has even been linked to curing & helping people with lymphoma & lung cancer.
- CBD can’t get you high, only THC can + CBD is used for more therapeutic aspects & properties.
- We naturally produce cannabinoids in our endocannabinoid system.
- CBD has a good safety profile and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has even approved an oral CBD product.
In the end, are you ready & you want to try out some premium goods? If you seek the best quality CBD products, you may always refer to the store. There you will find CBD gummies, CBD drops, and reasonable pricing for anyone’s liking and preference. Beyond that, they have a CBD blog where you may occasionally learn all the characteristics and interesting facts of such cannabinoid solutions.