The Call of Duty video game series has been with us for a really long time, with millions of players all over the world. The war continued in CoD Cold War Season 2, but this time, it’s packed with various content – such as a total Zombie apocalypse – latest weaponry to try, new territories to investigate, as well as a lot of interesting characters and stories to follow.
If you’re thinking about trying this new season of, perhaps, the most popular and played game out there, you must be wondering – what’s it actually like and what new things can I expect? Fortunately for all video game enthusiasts out there, the article below will provide you with the answer you’re looking for. Let’s take a closer look:
Table of Contents
You’ll Meet 4 New Characters
During the gameplay, you’ll meet 4 new characters, all of which we’ll shortly describe in the hopes that we won’t spoil anything for you. The first one is Naga, who was raised in a war-torn country, which is probably why Naga is a retired warlord that obtained his wealth by trafficking a wide range of things including weapons. He is dreaded by many mostly due to his ruthlessness and short temperament.
Next on the list comes Maxis, and we can say that for the first time ever, she’ll be a character that can be played, and we aren’t only talking in ‘Zombies’. Once she’s freed from the Omaha Group, she starts preparing herself to help Requiem to maintain the disorders happening over the Urals. Naturally, she’s also not scared of participating in NATO’s combat in Multiplayer, nor is she worried about dropping into different islands.
When he was assembling the company for the rescue mission, Woods realized that he’ll need the fittest Wilderness operatives out there, which is exactly why he opted for recruiting Wolf, who discovered how to hunt in the swampy lands of Louisiana. He decided to enter the service in remembrance of his deceased sibling, and he honors him by praying on his enemies with his Delta Force sniper. Last on this list is Rivas who also joins Woods in the hopes of finding Adler.
Karla was raised in Nicaragua, where she was constantly besieged by men from a dangerous organization called the “Menendez Cartel”. Since she was a constant witness of the inevitable outcomes the organization left behind them, she made a vow to riddle her nation of the cartel’s control by utilizing her quite amazing and useful guerrilla strategies to undermine her opponents in any way that she can.
Try Out 6 New Weaponry
Besides some interesting and fun characters, you’ll also be capable of unlocking 6 unique weapons, all of which have some really good features. The weapons you’ll be able to try include:
- FARA 83 – a completely automated onslaught rifle, one that has the quickest fire speed in its category, and you’ll further notice that it features a really good range that can deal some solid damage. If you’re skilled, you’ll surely have a lot of fun with it and if you’re interested in Cold War boosting services, check out d3hell.com.
- LC10 – fully automatic submachine weaponry, the LC10 will enable you to stretch your plays out into middle-range on a smaller, faster weapon platform, mostly because of its amazing precision and casualty rate. Though the damage per shot is lower, it has an amazing fire speed and a lower recoil that can turn out to be fatal.
- Machete – now, we aren’t talking about the traditional machete that you can find, we’re talking about one that was made from high-quality, durable steel. It’s a wide foot-long knife that can endure breaking and chipping and it can be utilized as a melee weapon for Nage.
- E-Tool – you’ll be capable of dealing with your enemies quite well with this weapon, especially since it’s a military-style shovel that is utilized for digging defensive outposts. You’ll see that it’s a secondary weapon, however, it’s quite effective when dealing with close encounters.
- R1 Shadowhunter – if you’re a fan of crossbows, you should know that this one is quite simple and lightweight, which is exactly what allows you to handle enemies quieter than usual. If you don’t fancy iron sights, you could shoot it precisely in close battles or you can attach a few optics to it.
- ZRG 20mm – created for gamers that are accurate when shooting, this weapon will enable you to eliminate enemies at long distances, mostly because of its fast bullets. No matter where or how many times you shoot your rivals, you’ll be capable of reloading it quickly since it has the fastest reload speed in its category of weaponry.
Improve With Additional Skills Tiers
With the assistance of 2 Aetherium Crystals, gamers will be capable of upgrading all of their abilities to levels 4, and naturally, 5. What does this mean? Well, it implies that you’ll want to prepare yourself for hunting large rounds in the “Zombies” mode or you could complete several Outbreak missions in 1 run to receive the Crystals, ones that’ll enable you to develop your weaponry, field additions, ammunition mods, and of course, perks.
Explore 4 New Multiplayer Maps
This article wouldn’t be complete without mentioning the 4 new maps that you can explore, including:
- “Apocalypse” (6v6) – if you opt for this map, you should know that you’ll explore the Lao jungle cartel headquarters, located in the middle of the jungle – Apocalypse. This map ranges from average to smaller and it’s created for skilled and competitive gamers that could withstand battles under the constructions and churches.
- “Golova” (Several Companies) – as you might have guessed from the name, Golova is a mythical Russian community, however, under its facade, it’s a trial area for people who want to go into a lot of close-quarter battles. And since the area is steep, it’ll be perfect for experimenting with the long-range weapons.
- “Mansion” (2v2, 3v3) – located in Cuba, the “Hefe Mansion” is a little area that will take place in the yard and rooms in the villa. You should expect a lot of head-on combat, particularly when the overtime zone launches at the core of the central hall in the building.
- “Miami Strike” (6v6) – with its mesmerizing and colorful landscapes, Miami Strike concentrates the story into tinier day variants of the initial map. You should expect to come across a lot of fire, as well as some tense and difficult fights – which is quite logical considering its happening in Miami.
As you were able to learn, there is a wide range of new things that you could try in CoD Cold War Season 2. And, now that you know that there are some interesting things that you could try, don’t lose any more time. Instead, you should get the game, prepare yourself for some amazing battles, and enjoy the new season of CoD!