Drive Image Pro 4.0
Release Date: 09\08\00
Size: 29 Megs
License: Shareware $99.00 - $220.00
Requires: Windows 95\98\NT\2000\ME
Drive Image® Pro 4.0 provides IT professionals with powerful cloning tools for fast, flawless system deployment. Whether the need is to distribute a new operating system, update an application
suite, or simply move all of a user's personal files and settings from one computer to another, Drive Image® Pro provides the answer.
With TaskBuilder's user-friendly interface it's easy to create scripts for use within any framework. These scripts can automate such tasks as cloning and deploying systems. The PowerCast feature
(SmartSector technology combined with TCP/IP multi-casting) makes deploying an image to multiple systems simultaneously fast and easy, while Delta Deploy can be used to deploy an upgrade for a single
application. Drive Image® Pro even supports Microsoft RIS technology for installing or replacing operating systems. For added control, Drive Image Pro includes PartitionMagic® Pro - PowerQuest's
premiere partitioning software. For added flexibility, Drive Image® Pro now supports Windows Me and Windows 2000 Professional. PowerQuest is committed to provide the complete data deployment solutions
relied on by IT Professionals worldwide.
- CD-R and CD-R/W Support - Drive Image Pro now includes the ability to create an image directly to a SCSI or ATAPI CD-R or CD-R/W drive (MMC-2 compliant).
- Native 32-bit Windows PowerCast Server - Use SmartSector® technology combined with TCP/IP multi-casting to simultaneously deploy systems across the enterprise in minutes.
- TaskBuilder - Provides an easy-to-use interface to build custom deployment scripts for use with any framework.
- Enhanced Operating System Support - Drive Image® Pro now supports Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0 Workstation, Millennium, 2000 Professional, or DOS (5.0 or later).
- SmartSector® Technology - Copy only the sectors containing data, which dramatically reduces creation and restoration times and ensures that disk space is not wasted cloning empty sectors.
- Exact Imaging - This not only ensures that the image you create for deployment is an exact duplicate of the original, it also ensures that any performance enhancements will also be preserved.
- PartitionMagic® Pro - Drive Image® Pro includes the world's best partition management solution-allowing you to create, resize, move or convert partitions before or after deployment.
- DeltaDeploy - Manage changing desktop environments from a central location, and distribute software updates and changes across the network and Internet.
- PQPrep - Provides a simple interface for creating, editing and testing Microsoft SysPrep answer files and for creating an image for deployment.
- NTFS Support - Ability to create/restore an image directly to/from an NTFS partition.
- Image File Editor - New Explorer-like interface for viewing image files and restoring individual files/folders from an image. Lets you selectively copy partitions to create a new customized image.
- Microsoft RIS Support - Supports Microsoft RIS technology for installing or replacing an operating system.
- Image Creation Scheduling - Lets you decide how often you want to be reminded to create an image.
- Image Integrity Checker - Verifies an image file is not corrupt.
- Bootable PQI CD - Drive Image® Pro provides an easy process for creating a bootable recovery CD of your hard disk that can be used for disaster recovery.
- Image Size Estimator - Estimates the image size and suggests how many units of selected media will be required prior to cloning.
Limitations: 30-day trial.